I'm finally getting around to responding to some of the awards people have bestowed upon me. Yay! Also, I want to remind you to look to the right and click the links to follow me on twitter and like my facebook page and all that stuff. It's super fun times.
Thanks to Nicole of The Madlab Blog award and for one of the most entertaining things I've ever read about myself:
When you come across someone like Alison at AliOfftheMark, who tells it like it is -- or how she perceives it to be, you gotta appreciate the raw and uncensored material. Ali’s not one for sugar-coating things such as the awkwardness of teaching your toddlers how to refer to their “lady parts” and finding some normalcy and practicality in pay-by-the-hour hotels, she keeps it real.
1: Display the award logo.Seven things about me:
2: Link it back to the person that gave it to you.
3: State seven things about yourself.
4: Nominate 15 bloggers for this award and include their links in this blog.
1. I'm doing the award post today because life is otherwise shitting on me today and this makes me feel better.
2. My jeans probably cost as much as the rest of my wardrobe put together because I'm addicted to designer jeans AND thrift store skirts/dresses. I feel like it balances out.
3. I love Star Wars but I have absolutely no interest in Boba Fett.
4. Buying me nice flowers is a cliché way to make me less mad at you... but it totally works.
5. I did my senior thesis (aka "comps" at Carleton) on The Great Leap Forward, and I'm totally going to write up a nerdy post about that one day.
6. I am a woman who does not worship at the house of chocolate. I'd rather have nachos.
7. I hate the word sandwich and type sammich anytime I can get away with it.
And 15 bloggers? Ok, there are a lot of awesome bloggers out there but I'm totally burned out emotionally and can't pick 15, so here's the list of who has not only made my BlogLoving blog roll, but I actually read all (unsponsored) posts, even if I don't always have the energy to comment, because y'all inspire me every damn day:
Now I'm off to zone out in front of the TV and try to ignore my throbbing leg (had more work done on my tattoo, ow. Awesome, but painful)